SPORTMAX DAY CAMPS
ABOUT USFor more than 25 years now, as an organization specialized in sports management, Sportmax has offered day camps throughout Quebec (in fact, we do way more than that, [see for yourself here])! But, back to the day camps…
Back then, parents had to choose between summer camps, activities on playgrounds or day camps, multipurpose-style. This is when we got the idea of introducing a camp that would offer more to the young ones; fun, for sure, but also a multitude of specialities. The trick? Base our activities in specialized professional facilities, and hire passionate students from different fields.
With only 3 specialities two decades ago, we now offer [more than 20 options] to today’s kids every summer. There you have it, there is a camp for everyone!
And it doesn’t stop there! Keep reading to get a brief overview, or explore our site to learn everything there is to know.
YOU WILL LOVE IT, AND WE ARE POSITIVE ABOUT THAT!Our format (which convinced almost 20,000 kids last summer) proposes weekly [specialized camps] including:
- Specialized activities everyday;
- A stimulating extended camp care program (mornings and late afternoons);
- Swimming every day at the Cégep pool;
- [Specialized rooms and professional facilities];
- Quality supplies, available in large quantities;
- Presentations offered by your kids, for you, on Fridays;
- A unique thematic atmosphere every week, complete with a plot, characters and games;
- Cooperative and recreational activities with, of course, many songs.
- Discount for multiple weeks;
- Payment by installments;
- A convenient "by-the-day" registration option;
- Free barbecue on Fridays;
- Fieldworker helping with group management;
- An official summer song (that your kid will sing tirelessly);
- The [FanClub] website (counsellors’ identification, photos and videos, downloads, etc.);
- A [newsletter] sent on Thursdays before each registration week;
- Every Tuesday, you will receive a note called [News From My Week at Day Camps] which will keep you posted on your child’s behavior and involvement during the week;
- On site display of the activities scheduled for each group;
- A hiring policy which favors college and university students;
- A "Vert de plaisir" policy, encouraging sustainable development principles and actions.
In fact, it’s an all-inclusive package! [Hot meals] can also be served (for mornings in a hurry), and you can buy a fantastic t-shirt if you want it (or maybe if your kid wants it).
MODEL COUNSELLORSOur counsellors are silly enough to have a blast with your kids, but mature enough to ensure safe supervision in an environment where respect is key. They have advanced skills in their own precise speciality, as they study to become teachers, scientists or computer techs; as they are glorious athletes, future actors or artists! They evidently have enough energy to never rest the slightest (which is good when surrounded by children also as energetic).
In addition to this, we offer them great support and a fabulous working environment (and a lot of little kindnesses).
As a result, they truly love their job and are therefore better at it (and the kids get all the benefits!)
SO YOU CAN HAVE PEACE OF MINDWe know that you entrust us with what is most precious to you, your kids. That is why we put safety first, and training, close second.
- Complete training for our counsellors, recurring every year;
- Staff training in planning specialized activities;
- First aid training for all employees;
- Training on anaphylactic shocks and how to administer epinephrine (Epipen®, Allerject®, etc.);
- Medication management policy;
- Anti-bullying intervention policy;
- Background check for criminal records for all employees;
- No nut and peanut policy;
- Control of parents or guardians authorized to leave with the kids;
- Swimming tests for all participants;
- Emergency plans for safety measures;
- Incident management and communication with the parents policy;
- No smoking policy.